Saturday, December 29, 2007

Congratulations Grandpa D!


Congratulations my dear Grandpa

For retiring this January two

There is no turning back now

As I already wrote this poem for you


No more meetings upstairs

Where they urge to buy Meijers

No more sleeping in a loading trailer

When during the day you get tired


No more fighting with Bertha

Or other Meijer employees

You’ll pass the days with Gee Gee

Now bothering her as you please


No more frustrations caused by bosses

Like Kent or Dan or Jay

Now sporting events and mowing

Will fill your summer day


You won’t get to go to the circus

And get paid each time you go

But now you can spend your golden years

Watching your grandkids grow



We are proud of you Grandpa

And all the things you do

And lastly not to forget

We sure do all love you



1 comment:

Jonesdidid said...

Hola, Jose!!

Your little sis just gave me your blog website. I can't wait to catch up on all the amazing things you've been doing in Guatemala!! You lucky ducky! :)

I hope you are doing well, and you continue to be in my prayers daily. Take care of yourself, my favorite locker buddy of all time!! :) Those Guatemalans are lucky to have you! ;)

Talk to you soon!

~ Molly Jones ~