Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thanks! and the Fair

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who chipped in and got something for Charlie to bring down for me. I appreciated everything from the cards, jerky, and clothing, to the thermometers, books, electrical supplies, and especially the pumpkin pie (although it did get smashed quite a bit and thrown across the bus when it slammed on the brakes, it still tasted great!). I had such a fun time with Charlie. Just seeing and hearing him made it so that it was like I could hear and see all of you all back home.

If you want to hear details or see any of the pictures, you’ll have to get on Charlie’s case since he has all the pictures. There are some priceless ones, like of the one with us getting a little close to the lava roasting German wieners.

I posted a few pictures below of the fair that occurred in San Carlos and some shots I took of the sky.

This was a float in the parade through the city.
Here is another float with little knomes. The costumes just make me smile.
Another picture of the parade. I think I especially enjoy the clown costume in the background.Here another volunteer and I are getting ready for the rodeo which would be held. I had to make sure I sported my Wrangle shirt and leather hat.


Here is one of the games at the fair - fooseball tables.
The ferris wheel which I just did not have enough confidence to go on.
Some more games. In this one, you have to roll up marbles to accumulate a certain number a points to get a prize.
Picture of the full moon before the eclipse
Nearly completely eclipsed moon
Morning sky the day Charlie would arrive.

No comments: