Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Huracán

Just a quick message so that I dont forget, dont worry about me and the hurricane that is here.... well tropical depression if it even is that by now. Hurricances generally weaken pretty quickly once they make landfall. The biggest threat is flooding in this region, but all the trainees including myself are in safe areas. Yes, landslides are definitely possible if we get lots of rain, but we wont be leaving our towns the entire time that the tropical depression is here and thus can´t really be effected by slides over roads nor slides in towns (since we would be moved if there was the potential for them in our towns. Peace Corps issued these mandatory stays until they know it is safe. So no worries. I am safe. Prayers would probably be more in store for those hit directly by the hurricane and those affected by the flooding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that you're safe and that things are going well for you Joe! I'm excited for you, but I'll miss you too! Good luck getting accustomed to the country in your first couple of weeks there. I know you'll just love it!! :) As always, I'll keep you in my prayers!

Kelly said...

glad to hear you are safe Joe. Hope you are feeling better too.
Will pray for better weather for you and the rest of the country. Un heard of remarkable weather for 26 months. Take care. Know that I am well too.
Love you
Aunt Kelly